Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Family

Ever since I came back from my trip out east for my nephew and God-sons 1st communion, not a day goes by without me thinking of how lucky I am to be a part of my family! Through all my siblings marriages,divorces, family ups and downs, we always are there for each other. In bad times, we become a shoulder to cry on, an open ear; in good times, we exalt in the happiness, and laugh easily.
We try to make a get together at least once a year, and some of us are better than it than others, but we try. This year, all six of us will converge in a small town in Vermont, a town where we were raised during summer breaks. We will be joined with our children, our spouses or partners, and just have a family time! I am fortunate that both my parents are alive and well. There will be at times when my sibs and I will revert to being kids! We'll reminisce, tell stupid stories about each other and laugh about it, and just be happy. We will talk into the night on dads back porch. Hopefully we can go fishing! I would also love to show my daughter the mountain that I used to play on when I was a kid, a mountain since 1976 my family has been a part of. The old ranger station; the reservoir; the beautiful trees... the same mountain that one can see from my dads back porch. For the kids to see. For us to see again. To reconnect.
Yes, I am fortunate indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment