Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Learning how to swim


Over the past two years, I have been trying to teach my daughter how to swim. Last year it was the kiddie pool, where she only got the bottom of her pony tail wet. We also tried in the bath tub how to hold your breath under water. Well, she didn't like the feel of that, either.
This year, on a trip to Miami, there was a 0 degree entry pool, with the deepest point about a half a head deeper than Olivia was tall. I wanted to try again, so I came up with two rules: 1. Don't panic in the water. 2. Don't breathe under water, because we aren't mermaids. We tried and tried, and finally she went under! She was so proud of herself, and I was, too! She actually went underwater all by herself, and couldn't wait to tell people.
Next week we go to Mexico. I'll let you know how my little fish did!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha!!!!! are you sure your not mermaids? Good luck in Mexico! Cannot wait to hear what happens next!

    ReplyDelete