Tuesday, June 22, 2010


It's been about a week since we've been home from vacation, and I have settled back in to the daily happenings of all that is Papa Patrick. The first week back I got pretty sick, but am back to my normal (!) for a few days now.
One thing I have been struggling with lately is coming to terms with someone that brought up that old stuff you thought you moved through but realized you haven't moved through. Like, if I were an octopus, I would have squirted that dye stuff they squirt all over his face. Or, I would have got all orangutan on his as_ if I were an orangutan. When it happened, I just shook my head, realized that some people will never change, and after a few hours of letting it sink in, let it go. I think that is my coping mechanism- think, wrap my brain around a story, situation, thing- and let go. Later tonight I got an apology call, I shrugged it off, said sure.
There are so many other positive things going on in my life, I choose to let it go. I can let things get to me- that is also my nature. But I need to stay focused, positive, and forgiving. Like I do. Like I always have. That makes me who I am.
So, if someone/ something has been bothering you, make it a point to let it go. Forgive. Learn something from it if you don't want to forget about it. It will set you free.

1 comment: