Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rain


I woke up this morning to the sounds of my puppy whining. The kind of whining that is really, really annoying! Anyway, it is 5:03 in the morning (I looked at the clock in my room)and slipped on some slippers and into the kitchen I went. I let him and my other dog, London, out, and- RAIN! Yuck. More wet dog smell, dirty kitchen floor ( I literally just mopped the night before), and muddy pups from playing in the grass I mean mud. I let them back in after they did their business, and promptly went back to bed. This time, I opened my window a bit, and the sound of rain put me back to sleep in no time at all.
I woke up around seven (Oh, NO! Get Olivia up from bed! Take a shower! Press our clothes! Make her a lunch! Feed the dogs, cat, fish! HURRY! Oh, but first your coffee!!) and felt really relaxed (after the initial mental flurry, see above!).
So, got her up from a deep slumber by softly singing to her, and we were on our way to a good day.
So, on the way to school/work, I said,"bummer. This rain is a bummer." Then,from the back seat I heard, "But rain makes the flowers grow". How right you are, sweetie! Thanks for putting things in perspective. Sometimes we need a little rain in our lives to make our own flowers, so to speak, be more worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. to bad we can't all see the beauty behind the storm. They should make special glasses that adults can use to see what a child sees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love children! They are so pure in thought...they don't see the mud or wet basements...they see the flowers, birds bathing and the glorious rainbow that graces the sky.

    ReplyDelete