Thursday, May 26, 2011


My little girl is turning 5 this weekend. I can vividly remember when I first saw her- she was swaddled nice and tight in the nursery at the hospital. As I looked through the glass, it finally hit me that this is REALLY happening. Probably all my life I knew I wanted to have kids, and at that moment my hopes and dreams were in the shape of a little 8 pound girl. And when I held her for the first time, gave her that bottle in the hospital, I knew that the decision was the best one I've ever made.
Now she's going to be five- FIVE! I asked her tonight in a break from our playing what happened to the little baby from 5 years ago, and she said with a shrug, "I growed up"!
The first 5 years have literally flown by. So much happens from birth to one, one to two, two to three and so on. Each milestone is met with awe. Each laugh goes straight to my heart, each boo-boo kissed (and neo-sporined), and each mouth full of food she eats makes me happy (silly, I know!).
So, my little girl, here's to you turning 5! And here's to our time together, too- time that has proven to be the most cherished time for me in my life!
I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment