Tuesday, May 10, 2011


It has been one of those days that I found myself reflecting on my immediate life.
Why? Because I am happy. Sure, I could use more money, and would be great if I got all that I've lent out back. Promises promises, right??!
But I can't help but smile.
I love my family (including my boyfriend in that statement!), my home, my goofydoodle Dixon.
After school today, we came home and played outside with her flying horses. Mine chased hers, hers knocked mine out of the sky (!). Then we had a simple dinner and decided to go to the park.
I chased her as I usually do, around the playground. Caught her as she came down the slide backwards. "Daddy, don't forget to catch me!"
Lots of laughing, lots of smiles- like a good, warm spring day should be.
On the walk back she asked if I could carry her. I asked if she wanted to ride on my shoulders (always the best for the back!), and she said no, to hold her. So I picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck and said in a tired voice she loves me. That made the ache go away, the walk go a little faster, and my heart swell even more.
It's no wonder I am happy!

1 comment:

  1. love love love to hear this good news. Beautiful Papa Patrick

    ReplyDelete