Sunday, October 31, 2010

H a double l o, w, double e n, spells halloween!


Halloween. It has always been one of my favorite holidays, right after Thanksgiving.
This year was special- it was the first time Olivia actually got it, that it is all about fun and candy, and how much of both you can have! We went trick or treating with our neighbors again, which is actually quite fun. One kid was the Grim Reaper, another Elmo, and Olivia was a white princess with red hair (courtesy of her "Little Mermaid" costume that she opted out of last minute).
A few days ago she starting telling me the ins and outs of how to successfully trick or treat. She said, first, you go up to a house. Then, you ring the doorbell or knock if they don't have a door bell to ring, then, you say "TRICK OR TREAT" loudly. "You know what trick or treat means, papa? ""No", I respond. "Please tell me." "It means, GIVE ME SOME CANDY!" A huge laugh from me, which made her mad, which meant I spent the next ten minutes trying to tell her I wasn't laughing at her, but with her. She ended up forgiving me, and all was good.
Our candles were lit, the skeleton was aglow, and it was nice and comfy in our home while she sat on the sofa happily munching on some sweets while watching a halloween special. It was another successful Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for clarifying her costume for me! When you sent the picture, I knew she was the Little Mermaid the other day...yet, the picture didn't quite look like it (besides the long, flowing, red hair)! Did she share her loot with you? :)

    ReplyDelete