Monday, July 26, 2010


Well, I've been back from my family trip to Vermont. It was a fun time!
It was so wonderful to watch Olivia enjoy the same things I did as a child- Buttermilk Falls, climbing parts of Okemo Mountain, talking on the deck, and most importantly, spending good family time together! We also went kayaking, and she even helped out several times paddling (well, if you call paddling only on one side of the kayak while papa uses his hands to help propel!). My dad pointed out the pink water lilies, and we got in for a close look. My dad says they are more rare than the yellow and white ones. I have to say, they were beautiful! And, since pink is someone specials favorite color, they were her favorite, too!
I have two images in particular stuck in my head, one of those freeze frame moments you will always remember: one, Olivia running as fast as she can down the lane by my sisters house, hair loosely put in a braid and her pink ballerina skirt flying!; second,and maybe the most precious, is Olivia in her new fairy dress that Aunty Kitty bought her leading the way up the mountain. I am quite positive that she is the only girl to climb a mountain in a fairy dress. Her back was to me, and just the way she moved as she was going, her hair, the lighting, and the sheer beauty of the mountain, singed the image in my brain for me to recall to her when she is older.
So yes, I am back, and really, happy to have more fond memories of my family. I am also happy to be home.

3 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Olivia! The pink really pops against the dark background. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go again..marveling in the beauty of life...again..your apreciation is contagious

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a beautiful picture of Olivia!

    ReplyDelete