Monday, April 16, 2012

First time for everything!

Spring is, as we all know and have heard, a time for new beginnings. It is also a good time for firsts.
My daughter learned how to climb a tree this weekend, and now all she wants to do is climb trees! Yesterday she climbed an apple tree and maple tree in Michigan, and she climbed our old crabapple here at home in Chicago. She asked me what kind of trees I climbed as a boy- maples, boysenberry, oaks.... I climbed a few! It brought up some fond memories. It's like you get to relive your own childhood at times with your children, and I am thankful for that.
I started thinking about my firsts. My first day of school. My first kiss. My first apartment on my own. My first dog. Mostly all of these I smile about when I start to remember. It is very interesting to allow yourself to go back and focus on a first- really have some good time to just sit and remember. It's a cool mental exercise! (But know I don't advocate living in the past!)
So what about you? What are your firsts going to be this year?

1 comment:

  1. Great question! my first is planting a garden! love you, Jmoksha xoxo

    ReplyDelete