Monday, April 25, 2011

Although this past Sunday was Easter, we colored our Easter Eggs today.
It was so much fun, even though we used several colors a month ago (we couldn't wait!) and had three to use today!
We left some in a very long time, some not so long, and another batch right in between the two.
After the eggs dried, Olivia painted them. She had fun, and said this was the best day ever! And my sister Midge reminded me of us using the cracked eggs, too- and I remembered the cracks taking on more dye, and the egg whites being stained with whatever color bled through!
Coloring Easter eggs was always a fun thing to do growing up- we used PAAS dyes! I remember the box with the push out holes, the white crayon to make designs, and the transfer stickers that came in the box. Such fond memories! Definitely something we will always do in our household, too! It was always family time when it came to coloring the eggs, which SOMEHOW made it into our Easter baskets! Smart bunny! :)
I love hearing about others Easter traditions- so feel free to drop me a line and tell me yours!
Happy spring everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Olivia did a wonderful job coloring the eggs! I remember trying to find our baskets hidden throughout the house. The trick was finding our own basket, which with a house of six kids, wasn't as easy as you would think. We would usually find three baskets before finding our own! A butter lamb...fresh Polish Kielbasa for breakfast...yum...

    ReplyDelete