Wednesday, March 2, 2011


It's March 2nd and I am starting to feel the shift that comes with the onset of spring!
I have noticed the birds, for one thing, have been singing outside. I also heard the geese, and saw some on the ground taking a break from their flight up from the south.
I have been showing my daughter the signs of spring: the big buds on the magnolia's, the start of buds on the trees, the sounds of the birds... love the sounds of the birds..., and the melting snow. We are both looking forward to the colors that will come in the way of green grass, yellow daffodils and different color tulips in our yard!
Olivia is really into color. Her teacher recently gave the class "worry dolls", those little dolls from Guatemala. You tell them your worries before you go to bed and supposedly they make your worries go away. Well, she said they are also "wish dolls" (!), and you can tell them your wishes and they will come true. I asked her what her wish was, and she said she couldn't tell me or the wish wouldn't come true. I said she was right! Well, after school today she was sitting in her car seat and said, "daddy, my wishes didn't come true." I said,"oh, thats o.k., sometimes wishes take awhile to come true!" She said, "well, I wished that everything would be pink. The school, the houses, and our car!" Yep, my girl definitely sees her world through rose colored glasses! And thank God not every wish comes true!
"

3 comments: