Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Home


I read on my friend Julianna's blog this morning a chinese proverb, and a part of it said with money, you can buy a house, but not a home. How true is that statement!
Last year I bought a house: this year, I live in a home. What happened? Life!
Little by little, things started happening. First, paint. That was it for awhile.
Then I started gardening, and taking care of what was there. I also planted a special little garden for my daughter. Originally, I had plans for "la petite Trianon" (from the "let them eat cake" phenom, Marie Antoinette!). Well, budget (oh, I HATE that word!)and, well, zoning, made me have a reality check.... but I digress. I started nesting big time. I have mostly original art on my wall from family and friends, and comfy furniture. And the spirits of my house, my pets. And some of you know, I am a big meditator, and I really think the "good vibrations" are taking hold this year, transforming my house into my home. Last year, my ancient crab apple bloomed in the front yard. This year, it really BLOOMED! Not only that, there is a robin couple making this years nest in it. I am honored! Last year, my lilac bush had several blooms on it- this year, I have a plethora of blooms!
Almost every morning, after my morning meditation, I'll pour myself a cup of coffee, sit on my big over sized chair, and look out my window at all the life that is going on, and take time to reflect on my own life. I take note of everything good ( and leave out the bad- don't want that energy to follow thought),and realize how blessed I am to have a home for my daughter and myself.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Patrick. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful... that is Life. Yes,my friend, you have found the beauty again.

    ReplyDelete